If you are low-income your court fees may be waived by the court. There are 3 ways to request that your court fees be waived:
1. You receive public benefits, such as:
- Food Stamps (CalFresh)
- General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
2. Your household income before taxes is:
- $1,301.05 for a family of 1
- $1,761.46 for a family of 2
- $2,221.88 for a family of 3
- $2,682.30 for a family of 4
- $3,142.71 for a family of 5
- $3,603.13 for a family of 6
3. You do not have enough income to cover your household's basic needs and the court fees for your case.
If you get your court fees waived and you win your case, the court will order the losing side to pay the court fees waived.
To learn more about fee waivers click here.