Watching a Virtual Small Claims Hearing in Marin County
What better way to prepare for a small claims court hearing than watching one live!
How to watch a hearing:
- Step 1: Send an email to email@example.com
- Your name
- Requested hearing date (you can also ask to watch the next available hearing date).
- Step 2: You will receive an email with the Zoom meeting information.
- Step 3: Attend the hearing
- Don't forget to put yourself on mute and identify yourself as a member of the public if the Judge asks who you are
Legal Terms to Know While Watching the Small Claims Hearings
- Plaintiff: The person who is suing.
- Defendant: The person being sued.
- Parties: Both the plaintiff and the defendant.
- Pro Term Judge: Volunteer attorney participating as a temporary Judge.
- Proof of Service: Verification that the defendant has been served.
- Service of Process: The process of notifying the defendant that a lawsuit has been filed against them.
- For more legal terms visit our Guide to Legal Jargon.
For more information on what to expect during your small claims hearing, click here to review "How to Prepare for Your Virtual Small Claims Hearing in Marin County."